Saturday, October 9, 2010

A New Era

Another post after so long. Yayyyy! This one was actually inspired by my Co-RA, also known as Kiss-pay, CoCo, and KATHYYYYYYYY amongst other names. She writes a blog a day, be it short, be it long - whatever. But everyday she has a post. I like that sort of determination and commitment.

So I'm in a very weird place in my life right now. I used to be one of those "had it all figured out" type of people, but now I'm sort of just anywhere, everywhere - not really here at all, if that makes any sense. I feel like I'm a clutter of mixed emotions, but I can't pinpoint exactly what those emotions are or where they are even coming from. I used to be more chill and relaxed, but now I feel like I'm always on edge and ready to burst. Kind of like what being on drugs must be like, I imagine.

Anywho, I'm hoping that "writing out my feelings" (or whatever you want to call it) will help me clarify whatever the heck is going on so I'm not this fragile bubble ready to burst, you know? This will prove easier said than done, of course. I'm not a "talk about my feelings" type of girl, nor do I like to convey my true emotions. One of my flaws, I suppose, but we all got 'em. Might as well accept them now and work on reconstructing them. My former boss (of about one month) told our team that we shouldn't be afraid to hear criticism about ourselves because it will help us become better people, and grow as people, which is essentially what I want to do. I want to be a better version of myself, and in order to do that, I need to realize and accept my flaws instead of hiding them or pushing them aside.

So here's to a new era and year. Hopefully, I'll make it out better than I started in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment